Assisting Families Deal With Dementia
Recognizing the need for personalized, private counseling for families who are dealing with a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia, M.I.N.D. in Memory Care was developed to fill that need in the most caring and compassionate way possible.
Usually only one session is required in order for Cindy to give you the tools to be able to keep your loved one safer, happier, and at home for a longer period of time.
Counseling is available either by telephone conference calling, involving up to several family members at once, at a pre-set time and date, or through an in-home visit. Participants are urged to keep in touch at no extra charge via e-mail. If necessary, a second consultation can easily be arranged.
The issues families are struggling with are as varied as the people themselves. Some of the most often asked questions Cindy can answer for you include:
- What are the most important safety issues I need to be aware of?
- How can I help my loved one feel happy and calm?
- What behaviors might I see with this type of dementia?
- What is the best way to handle difficult behaviors such as refusals to bathe, to eat or drink enough fluids?
- What are the warning signs of a sudden illness if my loved one can’t tell me?
- When do I need to start thinking about facility placement?
- What books would be helpful to me at this time?
- How can I prevent falls and other injuries?
- How can I keep from arguing with my loved one all the time?